SIEL Conversations: US Trade Policy Under the Biden Administration: What to Expect or Hope For?, 28 January 2021
The Society of International Economic Law has launched SIEL Conversations, a monthly webinar on international economic law.
The aim of SIEL Conversations is to bring together authors and commentators to give talks that are idea-focused so as to foster learning and inspiration, and provoke conversations that matter. Each SIEL Conversation will last approximately one hour and will include commentary from the speakers, with questions from the public.
The January SIEL Conversation is about the ‘US Trade Policy Under the Biden Administration: What to Expect or Hope For?‘Moderator:Simon Lester, Associate Director, Center for Trade Policy Studies, Cato Institute
- Ambassador Ujal Singh Bhatia
- Ana Swanson, Correspondent, Trade and International Economics, The New York Times
- Desirée LeClercq, Assistant Professor, Cornell University School of Industrial Labor Relations
- Alan Beattie, Senior Trade Writer, Financial Times
Date: The event is scheduled for 28 January 2021 at the following times:
- 8 am Washington D.C. time
- 2 pm Brussels time
- 4 pm St Petersburg time
- 6:30 pm New Delhi time
- 9 pm Beijing time
- 10 pm Seoul time
More information can be found here.
Register for the event at:https://forms.gle/fHGPWBGvFESLhR2t6
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the video of 2020 Conversations are now available on the SIEL YouTube channel:
- July Conversation – The Origin and Evolution of Investment Treaty Standards (OUP 2019) by Federico Ortino: https://youtu.be/4Yjw-t3_Bs4
- August Conversation – International Economic Law in a Changing World: New Approaches to Teaching Tomorrow’s Knowledge & Skills: https://youtu.be/tI37nWRSvYo
- September Conversation – African Continental Free Trade Area Agreement in an Era of Waning Multilateralism: Of Optimists and Sceptics: https://youtu.be/qK9_8GPkiP8
- October Conversation – International Dispute Settlement in the Pandemic: https://youtu.be/lDcMZSEKXAE
- November Conversation – The Impact of Covid-19 on the Belt and Road Initiative https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7NUGuEceDU
Please subscribe to the SIEL YouTube channel to stay informed of the latest news and content from SIEL.
We look forward to having you join us,
Andreas R. Ziegler, Member of the Executive Council of SIEL